Thursday, November 29, 2012

Embossing tutorial and peak!

Right now I'm loving my Fiskars, circle hole punch and my Ali Edwards, Love This Memory Stamp set.  Here's a look at a few little embellishments I created for my December Daily Album. 

Now for those of you who are new to embossing like I was only a couple months ago, here's a quick tutorial on how it works. 

You'll need:
  • Embossing Powder
  • Heat Gun
  • VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad 


Take any stamp of your choice and press it into the VersaMark Stamp Pad.


Next, choose your embossing powder of choice (I used Zing! Green Metallic, Red Glitter, and Silver Glitter)and sprinkle the embossing powder over the stamped image.  You'll want to do this over a tray or larger piece of paper so you can pour the excess powder back into the container.

Next, take your heat gun, I use the Zap Heat Gun, and hold it over your stamped and powdered image.  After a few seconds you'll notice the embossing powder raising and you'll get the end result...perfect!



I stamped the stamp of choice and punched out the image with the Fiskars XL circle hole punch.


Here's a close up on the embossing I did.  I love the Zing products.  Embossing is a new process for me and I'm loving it!


I believe this is my favorite, the red glitter "love this" just looks amaZing....maybe it's the awesome red color.


The green metallic is also pretty amaZing.  Here you can get a good look at how it's raised and metallic looking once you use the Zap tool on it. 


Love - have I mentioned I LOVE all these embossing powders??


Great close up of my favorite red's.


Here's the little collection I made up to add to some pages throughout December.  I hope this inspires you to start your next project.  Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love reading your comments :)