Saturday, February 16, 2013

Watercolor...I love art.

So as you know, I took Wilna's Art Class Workshop at Two Peas....a.m.a.z.i.n.g. is all I can say.  The techniques that I never would have thought of are now at my fingertips.  I created this latest layout using watercolors and had a lot of fun with it.  


This is how the process started.  I used my watercolors by dripping them onto white cardstock then using a straw to blow air directly onto the paint to make it spread.


I then used my Zap Heat Gun to quickly dry the page.  The colors really pop once they are dry, love it.


Here's the full layout. I used watercolors, black glitter embossing, washi, a silhouette cut, and some letter stickers.


 I used Crayola Watercolor paints for $3 (you can get them anywhere)  I also used the little arrows from Ali Edwards December Daily Stamp set with Black Glitter Embossing Powder.


Up close shot of the background paper (Studio Calico Feb Main Kit), letter stickers, more embossed arrows and of course the washi stars using this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this.


Close up of the stars and the watercolors.  I simply cut star shapes out with my Silhouette Cameo and wrapped the stars in washi tape of my color choice.


Another close up.


Close up of the bottom of the layout.

Thank you so much for following along.  Has anyone else ever tried any watercolor techniques on their layouts?  I really enjoyed this process.  I challenge you to try it out if you never have.  It really gave me so much inspiration for other projects. Thank you Wilna!

Christine <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. I love reading your comments :)